So, you have never heard about spot cooling before? Then, trust us that you have missed something very useful and effective when it comes to make a hot place cooler.
A spot cooler is a sort of portable, standing ventilating/air conditioning unit. It is an independent framework, which implies its primary components, similar to the fan systems, and vents, compressor unit, evaporator unit, and others are incorporated and installed in one completely protected cabinet that is either made of metal or plastic.
What is Spot Cooling? We can say that spot cooling is the process of cooling a targeted or specific space using smaller, compact, and portable air conditioning system. Despite the fact that anyplace is good for spot cooling, the areas that most perfect for this sort of ventilation and cooling are usually enclosed spaces where comfort must be kept up or where the temperature must stay steady and adjusted, for example, an industrial area.
How Does A Spot Cooler Works?
The spot cooler works as an air conditioning system, and therefore follows the normal air conditioning procedure, which is basically the expulsion of heat through heat transfer or heat exchange, and dehumidification process to expel humidity.
Check out the way how a spot cooler works.
- It absorbs the warm air from inside the area through the assistance of the refrigerant. For this situation, the refrigerant gets pressurized with the assistance of the compressor, and then gets evaporated at a low pressure that enables it to absorb the warm air.
- Then, the refrigerant gets transformed into a hot fluid from a hot gas state.
- The hot refrigerant in fluid travels to the condenser where the heat gets depleted and is discharged outdoors through the vents of the unit.
- Then, the refrigerant, which is currently a sub-cooled fluid yet at the same time, stays extremely hot, goes to the evaporator. This flow of the fluid refrigerant reduces through the metering device.
- The fluid refrigerant starts vaporizing when it comes to the coils of the evaporator and transforms into cool gas.
- Then, this cool air is dispersed in the room, industrial area, or any other place through the tubes while the hot air is regularly evacuated through the vent.
- The process keeps on repeating until the point when the set temperature is reached.
The Accessories Of A Spot Cooler
Beside the fundamental internal segments, similar to a fan system, evaporator, compressor, and condenser, a spot cooler normally comes with these accessories:
- Air filter
- Air pipe seat covers
- Water tank
- Drain pipe
- Cold air pipe
- Cold air pipe bend
- Hot air exhaust pipe
- Hot air exhaust pipe seat
Remember, spot cooler is quite often used as an industrial cooler so there might be a few more accessories required and different coolers come with various types of accessories.